Your may be tempted to put off roof maintenance to save money in the short term. However, ignoring roof repair and roof maintenance can end up being costly.Your home can sustain severe water damage, mold damage and other serious problems. By calling in a professional roofing contractor for routine roof inspections or at the first signs of trouble you can greatly reduce the occurrence of even larger and more expensive problems.
Signs your roof may need to be repaired:
- Do you have cracked, broken or missing tiles?
- Are there missing, splitting or curling shingles?
- Is your roof more than 15 years old?
- Do you have water ponding on your roof?
- Are there brown spots or other signs of water leakage on your ceiling?
- Have you noticed a dramatic change in heating or cooling bills?
- Do you have rusted or missing flashing?
- Do you live in an area that experiences extreme weather? (ie: high winds, excessive rain, extremely hot or cold temperatures, etc.)
If you answered yes to any of these questions you should call a professional roofing contractor to have your roof inspected for damage. Remember, a few small repairs over the years will more than make up for the costly interior and exterior repairs required in the case of serious water damage.